Annual OSHA Training and Update: Are We Safe "Enough"?
Presenter: Nancy Dewhirst, RDH
Date: Wednesday, August 5th
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Fee: $25 per person
**This is an online course**
This course is for the entire dental team
(Dentists, Hygienists and Dental Assistants)
COVID-19 has exposed weak links in dental safety. New standards of practice must manage droplet and airborne pathogens efficiently and reliably. This course reviews and updates the OSHA-required training topics for ordinary and extraordinary risks. General safety issues such as physical and chemical risks, infectious disease transmission and control, and written safety plans are discussed. Attendees learn ways improve the effectiveness of Standard Precautions including dental waterline management, while adjusting for higher risks such as aerosol transmitted diseases (ATD’s) with a respiratory protection program.
- Review the required components of a safety program and identify important resources and options
- Recognize and manage bloodborne, contact, droplet and airborne diseases, including COVID-19
- Recognize and manage workplace hazards and disease exposures with optimal effectiveness
*One registration per person is required. Only the registrant will receive a Continuing Education form of completion.
Click Here to Register
- Non-Dentist: Please click the link at the bottom of the registration page "Non-dentist: Create a new account."
- Team Registrations: Once entered into the system, dentists can add multiple staff registrations.