Dr. Malon graduated from Georgetown University School of Dentistry in 1985. She currently works as a general dentist in partnership with her husband at a dental practice in Farmington.
What year did you become a CSDA member?
List the current/past councils and committees of both the CSDA and ADA that you have been a part of:
- Council on Legislation (CSDA)
- Personnel Committee (CSDA)
- Budget Committee (CSDA)
- Awards Committee (CSDA)
- Council on Communications (CSDA)
- Past President (CSDA)
- Various Ad Hoc Committees (CSDA)
- Council on Communications (ADA)
What do you enjoy about dentistry?
I enjoy my interactions with my patients, getting to know them and maintain that relationship over the years. I enjoy the flexibility of hours and schedule, and enjoy the independence of owning a practice.
Please list the volunteer work you participate in:
- Connecticut Mission of Mercy Free Dental Clinic
- Give Kids a Smile
- Outside of dentistry I also volunteer at my church and my children's schools
Are you a member of any other associations?
- International College of Dentists
- American College of Dentists
- Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Various political and social/business groups
I am married to my business partner, Dr. Stephen Moran. We have two teenage children, a dog, a cat and fish! I am originally from NYC and my husband is from the Washington D.C. area.
What are your hobbies outside of the dental office?
I spend a lot of time attending political functions, partly on behalf of our profession. I also enjoy cooking, skiing, hiking and just being outdoors.