Nominees who satisfy the following criteria will be considered -
- Residents and New Dentists are eligible for this award if they are a member in good standing of the Connecticut State Dental Association and graduated from dental school in the past 10 years; or
- Dental Students are eligible for this award if they are a member in good standing of the UConn Chapter of the American Student Dental Association.
Submission: Any member in good standing of the Connecticut State Dental Association may nominate an eligible candidate for this award. Members can also nominate more than one candidate for consideration. However, the only limitation is that self-nominations are not permitted for this award.
Selection: The Awards Committee may select up to five eligible nominees each year to receive this award. In making these selections the Awards Committee should look for nominees who have distinguished themselves through one or more of the following activities:
- Produced exemplary work;
- Actively engaged in advocacy, philanthropy or community service;
- Recognized for their practice excellence, entrepreneurial skills, or ethical behavior;
- Made a significant contribution in the field of science; or
- Held a leadership position in the ASDA Chapter of their dental school, in their local dental society, the CSDA, or ADA.