This category is for those who are actively engaged in the practice of dentistry. To qualify for the Active member category an individual must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- hold a D.M.D., D.D.S. or equivalent degree;
- live or work in our state;
- satisfy our ethical requirements, and
- remain a member in good standing of the American Dental Association and one of our local dental societies in Connecticut.
This category is for those dentists who have turned 65 years old in a previous calendar year and satisfy one of the following length of membership requirements:
- Have been a member of the ADA for 30 consecutive years;
- Have been a member of the ADA for 40 total years; or
- Have been a member of the National Dental Association for 25 years and subsequently held membership in the ADA for at least ten 10 years
Such members are classified as Active Life or Retired Life depending on whether they still earn an income from the practice of dentistry.
This membership category is for those dentists who no longer earn any income from the practice of dentistry. Even if a retired member later relocates to another state, they may remain with our association as long as they continue to be a member in good standing of the ADA and our local dental society. Retired members from other state societies may also transfer their membership to Connecticut if they live in our state at the time they apply to join the CSDA and one of our local dental societies.
Eligible members may apply for membership by clicking here.
Active, Retired and Life members of the ADA from other states may join our association as an Affiliate Member. This category is also available to members of the ADA who are employed by or serve on active duty with one of the federal dental services on a full time basis.
This category is available to predoctoral students enrolled at the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine. Any dentist who holds a D.D.S., D.M.D or equivalent degree is also eligible for this category as long as they are enrolled full-time in an advanced training course of not less than one academic year’s duration in an accredited school or residency program.
Applying for Membership
Eligible dentists may apply to join the CSDA or switch their membership category by submitting an application to the CSDA Membership Department.
Click Here to Access the Applications