UCONN School of Dental Medicine has developed an Infection Control Competency Assessment (ICCA) Self Study Course, Materials and Exam. The ICCA meets the 2019 legislation, which requires all Connecticut Dental Assistants to pass the Dental Assistant National Board’s (DANB) Infection Control Examination (ICE) or an infection control competency assessment administered by an institution accredited by the American Dental Association’s Commission on Dental Accreditation. All dental assistants must provide records demonstrating successful completion.
If hired prior to July 1, 2019 Dental Assistants must successfully complete the DANB ICE or a Competency Assessment Exam by October 1, 2020.
If hired after July 1, 2019 have fifteen months from the start of employment to receive on-the-job training by a licensed dentist to prepare for and pass the exam or assessment, if they have not done so already.
All in One Place
Registration of $150 per person includes the following:
Register for the ICCA Today!
- Self-Study Courses: Use the modules and self-assessment questions to prep for the exam
- Competency Exam: Exam consists of 75 questions.
- Letter of Completion: UCONN School of Dental Medicine to issue letter upon successful completion of the exam.
ICCA’s Online Learning Modules
Biological Hazard Control
- Principles of disease transmission
- OSHA, CDC standard precautions
- Prevention strategies
Chemical Hazard Control
- Identify risks
- Protection/Safety measures
- OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HCS)
- Compliance use; disposal
- Sterilization and Disinfection of Patient Care items and Instrument Processing
- Storage for Sterilized Items and Cleaning Supplies
- Environmental Infection Control
- Personal Protective Equipment
- How to prepare and break down an operatory
- Sharps Safety
Contact Cynthia Holloway, CSDA Director, Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (860) 378-1800.